Y4E,Youth for Environment. Beijing, China
– The content for this initiative is currently under construction –
Y4E (Youth for Environment) is a social initiative launched in 2014 by college students concerned about environmental protection in Beijing. With the support of local government departments, community volunteers and civil society organizations, the initiative aims to enhance public’s awareness on the city’s environmental issues, drawing special attention to the high levels of atmospheric pollution in Beijing. Through campaigns, events, speeches and professional environment trainings, the Y4E invites citizens to change their daily behaviours and adopt green lifestyles.
- Y4E initiative has inspired other environmental activities and also led the public to care about our environment and health.
- Several expert speeches in colleges, communities and parks
- Trainings to different neighbourhoods to learn the importance of recycling
Did you know?
Currently, Youth for Environment works together with Jia Cui Environmental Promotive Center and the UN Environment Programme to promote the “Sustainable Urban Development and Liveable garden Community – China Programme”. The program’s objective is to comprehensively promote the various advanced experiences, technology and policy concepts, as well as low carbon economy and climate change measures in China.
Since 2015, the new environmental protection act allows NGOs and other organisations to actually become active suing, for instance, any organization or a company that is heavily polluting the environment.
Sustainability and Replicability
The sustainability of Y4E requires collective efforts from all the environment-caring people to keep increasing the project’s publicity, funds and citizen engagement. The organizers consider that this kind of initiative can always be improved and adapted to different contexts and regions.
Youth can actively contribute to environmental protection by voicing their concerns, ideas and suggestions to the municipal government and raising awareness among their communities on how to adopt a green lifestyle.
- Spread the message and promote the Y4E initiative: Tell your friends, write an article about it, distribute its contents among your networks.
- Get informed and learn how you can replicate this initiative in your city