BRCK is a telecommunication initiative that connects frontier markets to the Internet. The initiative created devices that bring Internet connectivity in Africa, dealing with low construction environments where access to power is an issue.
- Providing hardware that works in low infrastructure environments.
- Creating a lower cost, more reliable and faster internet.
- Reaching thousands of children in 55 locations across 11 countries with BRCK Education.
Did you know?
- Only 30% of Africa is covered by electricity but almost 70% of people have access to cell towers and BRCK is trying to take advantage of this opportunity to bring access to the internet in East Africa.
- BRCK is the first company to pursue ground up design and engineering of consumer electronics in East Africa.
Sustainability and Replicability
- The next 3 billion internet users will come from frontier markets. BRCK is the platform that connects them.
- BRCK allows organizations to manage connectivity, power, computing and storage in an all-in-one device.
Good design and notable contents combined with research and a curious mind can lead to results and products that can be easily understood and used.
Contact BRCK to know their current necessities and volunteering opportunities. Follow BRCK on Twitter (@brcknet) and help them spread their message.