Bogotá Cómo Vamos
Bogotá Cómo Vamos seeks to promote an effective and transparent government, a better informed and participative citizenry and a network around the topic of urban living quality. Its main activities are the development of reports on the quality of life of city dwellers and Citizen Perception surveys.
- 16 years going on
- More than 50 publications on the quality of urban life
- In 2013 an online open data platform was created (api.bogotacomovamos.org) with technical and perception indicators
- In 2014 the initiative trained 150 social leaders in 6 different locations in Bogotá
Did you know?
In 2000 and 2002 the initiative won the Dubai International Award for Best Practices to Improve the Living Enviroment.
Sustainability and Replicability
10 Cómo Vamos Programs have been created in Colombia so far (Medellín, Cali, Cartagena, Barranquilla, Bucaramanga Metropolitan Area, Manizales, Ibagué, Pereira, Valledupar and Yumbo)
60 Cómo Vamos Programs have been created in Latin America so far (Brazil, Bolivia, Perú, Argentina, Colombia, México, Uruguay, Ecuador and Paraguay)
When establishing the city monitoring programs it is key to:
1) Invest in getting information at the local level (usually this kind of information is lacking)
2) Establish uniform and aligned indicators to be able to compare cities
3) Promote continuos learning and knowledge exchange