Social Justice Coalition
Social Justice Coalition (SJC) is an NGO that works in informal Settlements in Cape Town, helping people on health, safety and justice issues with the direct implication of the community. Some of their campaigns are the Sanitation Campaign, the social Audits and the Commission of Inquiry.
- 2.8 million U.S. dollars to construct and repair toilets.
- 16 SJC Branches consolidated.
- Created an organisation now formed by more than 2500 members, most of them living in informal settlements.
Did you know?
- 21% of households are informal but get only 1% of capital allocation in South Africa.
Sustainability and Replicability
- There are thirteen branches based in Khayeltisha informal settlement and there are three new branches formed in Kraainfontein, Marikana in Crossroads and Europe in Gugulethu informal settlement.
Health, safety and justice are rights that all human beings must have. It is essential to work with the community to ensure that everyone has access to these basic rights.